Your privacy is important to us and always will be. This policy outlines how The Teddy Bear Shop Canberra will collect, store and share personal information disclosed whilst you are in-store, over the phone or online. This website is owned and operated by Beary SMIC Pty Ltd trading as The Teddy Bear Shop Canberra, collectively, The Teddy Bear Shop Canberra may be referred below as either “we”, or “us” or “our”.
This policy can be broadly sumarised by this statement: The Teddy Bear Shop Canberra will not sell or rent your personal information to another party and will only use your personal information for the purpose of providing the products and services you have requested from us.
The Teddy Bear Shop Canberra is highly committed to protecting the privacy of personal information and will treat all personal information with respect and care in accordance with the national privacy principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988. For further information visit https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy-law
Address:Shop TN09 Majura Park Shopping Centre
Majura ACT 2609
Phone: (02) 6257 6966
How we collect personal information?
Personal information is collected when purchasing online, in store or when becoming a member of our loyalty program.
If you subscribe to our newsletter(s), if you create an account on our website or if you enter a competition operated by The Teddy Bear Shop Canberra.
We may also collect information when using The Teddy Bear Shop Canberra site, by using cookies, recording your IP address and any other relevant statistical data.
When you share this information with us, we will do our best to store and protect this data securely.
What personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information that assists with the ordering and delivery of your purchases or access to our loyalty program. We require your name, address, telephone number, email address and birthday, day and month is fine.
How do we use personal information?
We use personal information in the following ways:
- Complete orders, delivery orders, improve our services, personalise the items purchased and verify your identity;
- Process payments, layby orders, issue refunds, provide store credits and discounts where applicable;
- Provide direct marketing offers, conduct competitions, conduct market research to ensure our products offered are relevant to our members;
- Personalise orders and shopping experience, including but not limited to the adoption of a Bear or Furry Friend.
- Communicate with our database, including product launches, product enhancements, product recalls, replying to customer queries.
- Protection of fraud, this is varied by PayPal and / or our financial institution.
Contact members / customer on important matters, such as communication relating to purchases and changes to our terms and policies.
Who we share your personal information with?
Our freight / logistics partners
- Online or phone orders will be delivered by Australia Post or a logistics partner, this will vary based on the size of the order and the location it’s being delivered to. We will need to share this information with our logistics partner so they can deliver the products you purchase to the address you have provided. The information will generally be delivery address, receivers name and contact telephone number
Our billing or financial institution
- Payment information and shipping addresses are used by our billing partner and/or financial institution, this is for all parties’ protection.
Our suppliers / wholesalers
- From time to time we may need to share your personal information with our suppliers in order to supplier a product or spare parts. This may be done on a very rare occasion. The information shared will be delivery address, receivers name and contact telephone number only if necessary.
How can you manage your personal information?
The information you have shared with The Teddy Bear Shop Canberra can updated, amended or deleted at any time. You can access this information by logging into your account by logging into www.theteddybearshop.com.au and log into your account information.
If you would like access or assistance in accessing the personal information we are holding about you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving any of our emails or snail mail correspondence, please visit “my account” section. Your request to unsubscribe will be actioned promptly.
Updated Monday 15 February 2017